One village at a time, together we can...

Our mission at Wananavu Kadavu~Water Project is to help bring fresh spring water to the rual village of the Fiji Islands.

Wananavu means in Fijian, everything is good, perfect. The bottled spring water you buy in markets around the world is not the same water rural villages have access to. It's high in the mountains above them.

To make a difference check us out at wananavukadavu.org


One village at a time, together we can...



Thursday, April 30, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...

Does she have a clue as to what she has started...

Kristine Hone

This morning Heinz took Scott shopping for the little necessities he will need in Fiji. Before Heinz went to the office he gave Scott a priesthood blessing, a beautiful blessing if I do say so myself. I am so blessed to have a husband who loves my kids and cares for them the way he does. I spent the day making cookies for the flight, fixed Scott a big lunch of roast beef and roasted vegetables. I'm not sure if he will miss me but I wanted to make sure he would miss my food. I'm very proud that he has committed to this project with the Hone family. I know him and know his worth.


All the luggage full of supplies to last them 4 to 7 months, materials for teaching, books for reading and scuba diving gear for time off.


Adam getting some extra care from his mom before he takes off.


Curt and Kristine came up with one idea and ran with it... Many phone calls to Fiji working on getting started.I wonder how long it will take
Kristine to become the Chief of Kadavu ;)

I'm sure Ben and Scott will have lots of help from the village with mending of homes, building homes, clearing fields for a basketball court and volleyball pit, etc.

The Chief and the people of Kadavu, Fiji are planning a big celebration
for their arrival tomorrow... 5am Saturday morning in Fiji.


Map of the Fijian Islands, Kadavu is on the lower left side.

and off they go....

No comments:

Post a Comment